Turbine Flowmeters – Rotor Construction – Precision Machined
• All Rotor assemblies are precision machined
• Hoffer does not use cast rotors.
• Cast rotors are “heavier” than rotors machined from solid bar stock. Heavier rotors translate to slower dynamic response to changes in flow rates.
Turbine Flowmeters – Rotor Construction – Rotor Design
• Hoffer uses flat rather than curved blades on its rotors
• Curved blades are excellent for extracting the maximum amount of energy from a fluid stream which is why they are used in power and jet engine turbines. As a result, however, they also produce a higher pressure drop.
• Flat bladed rotors result in a lower pressure drop
• Machined rotors can be “customized” with thicker blades for use in abrasive services
• The blade “length” may be adjusted to accommodate larger particulate. This approach is commonly utilized in the design of our oil patch flowmeters.
Turbine Flowmeters – Optimization of “flow range
Supplying various blade angles and rotor designs
• Hoffer provides four different blade angles (15, 20, 25 & 30 degree) for each size meter within our HO Gas product line to optimize the ideal flow range selection.
• The “steeper” the blade angle; the lower the flow rate capability.
• We offer “bladed” and “rim” type rotor assemblies. Rim rotors are typically specified for custody transfer applications and produce more “pulses” (better resolution).
About Hoffer Flow Controls Turbine Flowmeters
For over forty-five years Hoffer Flow Controls has been designing and manufacturing quality turbine flowmeters and related process instrumentation. Hoffer Flow Controls specializes in cryogenic flowmeters, magnetic flowmeters, ultrasonic flowmeters and electronic flowmeters. We have expanded our product line to include but not limited to; Aerospace flowmeters, Oil and gas flowmeters, Industrial custody transfer flowmeters, Gas and liquid flowmeters (Power generation), WFI water flowmeters, Sanitary flowmeters, Military grade flowmeters and Subsea flowmeters.
Hoffer Flow Controls is committed to the quality system established by ISO 9001 that ensures our ultimate success by continually satisfying customer needs, improving performance, and making us competitive in the world market.