Corrosive Chemical Flowmeters | Industrial Chemicals
Corrosive Chemical Flowmeters | Electronic Flowmeters, High Accuracy Flowmeters
Industrial ChemicalsIndustry: Industrial Chemicals
SIC Code: 51 69
Application: A supplier of industrial chemicals along the West coast uses several Hoffer meters and electronics to meter corrosive and non-corrosive chemicals in road tankers and plant systems. They have used Hoffer equipment for applications such as bleach, sodium hypochlorite, hydrochloric acid, and city water.
System Requirements: The customer requires the ability to meter corrosive chemicals with high accuracy for billing purposes. The meter must be compatible with corrosive chemicals. Customer needs metering systems for in-plant use and systems mounted on a tanker for bulk transporting.
For metering the corrosive chemical bleach/hypochlorite 12.5%on
road tankers, Hoffer supplied the customer with:
• ACE-B-V-X-12-X-S ACE Electronics- provides customers with a totalizer designed to withstand the rigors and weather conditions imposed on truck-mounted systems. The ACE provides user-friendly software, minimal operator involvement, preventive maintenance notification, and system malfunction detection.
• HO 1½X1½-8-100-TFE-1M-F1SS-TFE-H Flanged, Teflon® turbine meter with stainless steel housing. Used, in this instance, due to the corrosive nature of the liquid and provides the customer with 1%linearity over the linear flow range.
• 6 ft. Signal cable and a 6 ft. Power cable. For in-plant use measuring non-corrosive liquids such as city water or sodium hydroxide, Hoffer supplied Star/46 Systems:
• HO 2X2-15-225-C-1MX-NPT-IND An extremely economical, industrial-grade turbine providing an accuracy of 1%or better. When used with the 46, as in this case, it provides the user with a convenient, self-contained system.
• 46ER-1-X-X-X-N-F Providing rate and total in gallons/GPM. Battery-powered unit integrally mounted on flowmeter.
When measuring corrosive liquids, compatibility of the fluid and the equipment is of most concern. The compatibility of the fluid with the meter ultimately determines the life of the equipment. The use of our Teflon Series assures customers that compatibility is not an issue while providing accurate measurement to 1%linearity. For less demanding applications, the Star/46 system is beneficial due to its versatility and low cost. This self-contained, battery-powered unit provides users with 1%linearity as well as providing a
Summary: In summary, Hoffer offers metering equipment for a variety of applications. Hoffer offers a solution for your metering needs from simple off-the-shelf flow systems such as our Star/46 System to more complex, customized applications such as the Teflon Series with ACE electronics.
Acknowledgment: Thank you for Sentech Measurements with offices throughout California
and Arizona. Sentech Measurements
About Hoffer Flow Controls
Hoffer Flow Controls has been designing and manufacturing quality liquid turbine flowmeters and related process instrumentation for more than fifty years. Our initial experience was in the field of cryogenic flow measurement. Today our reputation in this field is synonymous with quality. Today Hoffer Flow Controls manufactures high-precision turbine flowmeters to measure clean liquids and gases throughout the processing industries. Please be sure to follow Hoffer Flow Control on Linked In
Corrosive Chemical Flowmeters from Hoffer Flow Controls
Hoffer Turbine Flowmeters are available in a broad range of standard and special materials. The wide range of construction options allows for selecting the optimum combination of useful range, corrosion resistance, and operating life for a particular application. A low mass rotor design allows for a rapid dynamic response which permits the turbine flowmeter to be used in pulsating flow applications.